Follow our family as we go from a family of three to a family of six. It is sure to be an amazing adventure!

Monday, May 30, 2011

Weight gain, or lack thereof...

I have been reading a lot about carrying triplets and the amount of calories I am supposed to consume in one day is, well, just short of eating a house daily! And periodically eating a house is exactly what I want to do! I go from fine to oh-my-gosh-if-I-dont-eat-right-this-minute-I-surely-am-going-to-wither-away in a matter of seconds. I can eat a large meal and an hour and a half later I'm hungry. I feel like I am eating a ton, but apparently not enough. I had gained 1.8 pounds and now I am losing. I am down to only being up 1 pound, I lost alost a pound in the last day or two. So I made the grandmother of all breakfasts this morning and I am stuffed! My goal today is to eat three large meals and three large snacks (that could be considered a meal to some).

And speaking of weight gain, I have only gained a pound and I am already busting out of my pants! How on earth? I guess carrying triplets might have something to do with it! I showed pretty early with my first pregnancy, too, but not THIS early!

The morning sickness (which is usually NOT in the morning for me) has been bearable in the last few days. Friday was AWFUL! But since then it has only been mild. I am probably jinxing things by saying so and I am sure to be doomed with terrible nausea just for saying I feel ok, but as of now (and yesterday) I feel pretty good. Hooray for that!!

I am anxiously awaiting a call from the referral department at my doctor's office to set up an appointment with a Meternal Fetal Medicine doctor (high risk OB). I have so many questions, I cant wait for my first appointment. I havent met with or talked to any doctor yet. My ultrasound was with an ultrasound tech and then I got a call from a nurse telling me that they were referring me out and that someone from the referral department would call. So I havent had a chance to talk with anyone yet. Hopefully I get the call tomorrow (today is Memorial Day so I think they are closed) and I get an appointment right away.

Well, that's all for now. Quinn and I are going to have a fun day together today playing outside and he is anxious to get started!

4 comments:

  1. I have been told comments arent working so I am testing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU ARE GOING TO HAVE A BEAUTIFUL FAMILY. YOU AND JOHN ARE THE BEST. WE ARE HERE FOR YOU IN SOUTH DAKOTA. JUST KNOW YOU HAVE ALOT OF LOVE FROM OUT HERE.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just stumbled across your blog from M&M. Congratulations on the triplets!! I just gave birth to 2 beautiful boys and 1 stunning baby girl in January as a result of Clomid. Dont worry about the weight gain or lack there of, I lost about 12 lbs at the start and only ended up gaining 18lbs in total, your babies will stll grow nicely! As for the pants not fitting, get used to it, there is more to come butyou will look amazing. Most of all, enjoy this amazing journey, it ends all too soon and you will find yourself thinking about having more babies! Ha This is going to be an amazing journeyfor you, your husband and Quinn!! Brandi (Jeff and Brandi's Big Happy Family on M&M)

    ReplyDelete